We can’t avoid exposure to all the toxins in this world. They’re everywhere—in our sky, food, water, commercial products, medications, furniture, cookware. We live in a toxic world, and as a result, we have become severely toxic creatures.
Our bodies can only process so many poisons before it becomes sluggish. Factors such as age, genetic mutations and overall health also play a part in how well we process toxins.
What if it’s true that all illness is a result of toxicity—would that call you to action? If reducing your toxic load could promise you more energy, less wrinkles, improved quality of life—would you be willing to be more mindful and make some lifestyle changes?
Here are some ways to reduce your toxic load:
- CLEAN UP: Stop using cleaning and personal care products that contain toxins and opt for all-natural solutions. This includes everything from laundry detergent to deodorant, soaps, shampoos, makeup, household cleaners, etc. This includes pharmaceuticals, over-the-counter medications, too. Synthetic chemicals can accumulate and crowd your detox pathways—most pharmaceuticals are metabolized by the liver. Read labels. If you can’t pronounce it, it’s likely a toxin.
- HYDRATE: Trapped toxins need to be flushed or they remain in the body and cause more damage. Water doesn’t neutralize toxins but it creates a modality that allows the kidneys to better remove them from your system. Drink plenty of filtered water (fluoride free, plastic free—since fluoride is a toxin, and bottled water leaches plastic byproducts, which are known endocrine disruptors and carcinogens). Invest in a water purifying system. It’s not just the water you drink—it’s the water you use for cooking, bathing, washing your vegetables. . .
- EAT ORGANIC: Shop the perimeter of grocery stores, or even better, hit the local farmers’ market. Steer away from processed foods in boxes and choose organic non-GMO fruits and vegetables instead. Read labels. Reduce sugar consumption and preservatives such as MSG. Avoid gluten, which is highly inflammatory. Buy fruits and vegetables that are in season. If you eat mean, opt for grass fed organic and wild caught fish.
- TAKE PROBIOTICS: Increase your gut microbiome with healthy bacteria that helps support a strong immune system and optimal digestive health. Digestive health determines your overall wellness. If you have gut inflammation, chances are, you’re on your way to developing a potentially serious illness. Heartburn, constipation, gas/bloating, and irritable bowel are signs that your digestive system is toxic. Replenishing your gut with good bacteria in conjunction with lifestyle changes will reduce gut inflammation and improve your overall health.
Our Power Probiotic Daily™ is a four-strain vegetarian, dairy- and gluten-free probiotic totaling 30 billion CFU† per capsule
- EXERCISE: Movement stimulates the digestive and lymphatic systems to help remove toxins. You don’t have to join a gym--even walking 30 minutes a day promotes whole body detoxification. Restorative exercise, like yoga, can also help detoxify the system. Both sweating and breathing remove toxins through skin and lungs (airborne toxins). The lymphatic system does not have a pump, and often, toxins get trapped in their attempt to exit your system. You can further stimulate your lymphatic system by dry brushing.
- MEDITATE: We frequently don’t think of emotions as toxins, but they can have similar effects on our system as harmful chemicals and biotoxins. Emotions such as guilt, shame, anger, resentment, and fear have acidifying effects in the body, and acidity leads to chronic illness. Negative emotional states can have health consequences. Finding ways to reduce stress and release emotions helps to reduce your toxic load.
- CONNECT WITH NATURE: It’s called Earthing or Grounding, and while it may seem hippie-like to take off your shoes, connect with nature, and put your bare feet on the ground, there actually is science backing its benefits. The earth is charged with negative ions, and we are electrical creatures. Grounding improves blood flow and oxygenates your cells. It helps the body achieve homeostasis across all systems and promotes optimal detoxification. Grounding helps with cellular repair, elevates mood, balances hormones, and improves sleep quality. In addition, being among trees, also known as Forest Bathing, improves cell oxygenation, boosts energy levels, and accelerates recovery time from illness. Trees also release phytochemicals called terpenes that have a wide range of medicinal benefits, many of which promote detoxifying and healing. Ever been camping? You might want to consider this experience and its health benefits.
- SUPPORT THE LIVER: The liver is your main detox organ, so nurture it with herbs such as dandelion and milk thistle, both of which can be made into a tea or taken in capsule form. These herbs naturally boost liver function and help promote optimal detoxification. The active ingredient in milk thistle, silymarin, has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. Milk thistle protects your liver from free radicals. Consuming plenty of parsley and cilantro helps to remove harmful heavy metals from the body. Cruciferous vegetables, such as broccoli, brussels sprouts and radishes also scrub the body of toxins, support the liver’s detoxification process and increase antioxidant activity.
- SAUNA AND SOAK: Infrared saunas help stimulate blood circulation and increase sweating to improve detoxification. If you can’t afford purchasing a home infrared sauna or visiting a spa on a regular basis, you can optimize detoxification by taking 2-3, twenty- minute Epsom salt baths a week. Epsom Salt, or magnesium sulfate, is a natural mineral that draw out toxins from the body and help rebalance your system.
- SUPPLEMENT: Because of the overwhelming amount of toxins in our world, most people need help with supporting their detox pathways to achieve optimal health and wellness.
Several key supplements can optimize detoxification and open these pathways. Glutathione, for example, helps neutralize free radicals and facilitate the transport of toxins from the body. Turmeric, resveratrol, and glucoraphanin are some natural detoxifying agents that help open the Nrf2 Pathway, which triggers the body to directly target oxidative stress.
Our Glutathione GOLD™ consists of a patent-pending, acetylated form of glutathione for greater availability and anti-oxidant support.
Our Nrf2 Boost™ contains well researched and highly bioavailable ingredients which activate the Nrf2 genetic pathway, promoting optimal cellular health.
Liposomal Liver Detox + is an advanced detoxification formula featuring milk thistle phytosome – 30:1 extract standardized to contain 80% silymarin with a combination of artichoke extract, taurine, ALA and patented acetylated glutathione (Emothion) – all playing a significant role in detoxification and antioxidant support.
By removing some of the heavy burden of toxins, you will notice the systemic effects—weight loss, fewer aches and pains, more cognitive clarity, increased energy and vitality, improved mood, a clearer complexion, optimal gut health, and more.
“If you don't take care of this--the most magnificent machine that you will ever be given--where are you going to live?” - Karyn Calabrese