Are you gearing up for an exciting summer vacation? While you plan your itinerary and pack your bags, don't forget to prioritize your skin care routine. Summer brings its own set of challenges for your skin, from increased sun exposure to higher humidity levels. Get ready to achieve that vacation-ready, radiant skin with these secret weapons!
Essential Summer Skin Care Tips:
- Stay Sun Safe: Sunscreen is your best friend during summer vacations. Choose a broad-spectrum mineral based sunscreen with SPF 30 or higher and apply it generously to all exposed areas of your body. Don't forget to reapply every two hours, especially after swimming or excessive sweating. Remember to protect your lips with a lip balm containing mineral-based SPF as well.
- Hydrate Inside and Out: Stay hydrated inside and out. Drink plenty of water throughout the day to keep your skin hydrated from within. Additionally, use a lightweight moisturizer to maintain your skin's hydration levels externally. Proper hydration is key to maintaining healthy skin, especially during the summer when dehydration is more common. Aim for at least eight glasses of water daily and increase your intake if you're spending time in hot weather or engaging in physical activities.
- Cleanse and Exfoliate: Proper cleansing is essential to remove sweat, dirt, and excess oil from your skin. Opt for a gentle cleanser with clean ingredients that suits your skin type and cleanse your face twice a day. Avoid harsh scrubs that can irritate your skin, and instead, opt for a mild natural exfoliator once or twice a week to remove dead skin cells. Exfoliation helps unclog pores, improve skin texture, and enhance the absorption of other skincare products.
- Lightweight Makeup: Ladies, during summer vacations, embrace a lighter makeup routine. Heavy makeup can clog your pores and cause breakouts. Instead, choose lightweight products with clean ingredients to allow your skin to breathe and prevent excessive sweating. If you use makeup, consider a tinted moisturizer or a cream with mineral-based SPF instead of a heavy foundation. These products provide coverage while offering sun protection and a lighter feel on the skin.
- Stay Cool and Moisturized: Heat and humidity can dehydrate your skin, leading to dryness and dullness. Combat this by using hydrating facial mists (we like organic toners) throughout the day and carrying a travel-sized natural moisturizer to keep your skin refreshed. Opt for lightweight, water-based moisturizers that won't feel too heavy on your skin.
Main Skin Issues During Summer:
- Sunburn: Sunburn is a common summer skin issue, resulting from overexposure to UV rays. It can cause pain, redness, and peeling. Protect yourself by seeking shade during peak hours (usually 11-2 pm), wearing protective clothing, and reapplying mineral-based sunscreen regularly.
- Heat Rash: Heat rash, also known as prickly heat, occurs due to sweat becoming trapped under the skin. To prevent it, wear loose, breathable clothing, and stay in air-conditioned environments whenever possible. If you develop heat rash, keep the affected area clean and dry and use a soothing calamine lotion to alleviate discomfort. While specific statistics on heat rash in the United States are limited, it is a common issue during hot and humid summer months.
- Acne Breakouts: Hot and humid weather can lead to increased oil production, clogged pores, and acne breakouts. Combat this issue by keeping your skin clean, using non-comedogenic products, and avoiding touching your face. Consult a dermatologist for personalized advice if acne persists. A study published in the Journal of Clinical and Aesthetic Dermatology found that acne was more prevalent during the summer months compared to other seasons.
Other Conditions Aggravated by Hot & Humid Weather:
Eczema (Atopic Dermatitis): Eczema is a chronic inflammatory skin condition characterized by dry, itchy, and red patches on the skin. Heat and sweating during the summer can exacerbate eczema symptoms. According to the National Eczema Association, over 30 million Americans have eczema, and it affects people of all ages.
Fungal Infections: Warm and humid weather creates an ideal environment for fungal growth, leading to common fungal infections such as athlete's foot, jock itch, and ringworm. These infections are more likely to occur during the summer months when people engage in activities that cause sweating and moisture accumulation. Wear shoes, shower daily, and follow a healthy diet to avoid these infections.
Tip #1: The Secret to Youthful Skin
As the summer season approaches and you gear up for exciting travels and sunny adventures, it's essential to give your skin the care it deserves. One fantastic way to support your skin's health and combat the damaging effects of sun exposure is by harnessing the power of Collagen.
Collagen, the superhero protein for your skin, plays a vital role in maintaining its health and elasticity. Unfortunately, as we age, our natural Collagen production drastically declines (especially after 50), leading to more visible wrinkles, sagging skin, and a loss of firmness. But worry not, because Collagen supplements are here to save the day!
By adding a high-quality Collagen supplement to your regimen, you can replenish your body's Collagen & collagenous-amino-acid levels and give your skin the boost it needs to stay vibrant and youthful.
Note that the benefits of Collagen supplements go beyond just improving your skin. They can also work wonders for your hair, nails, and joint flexibility. Plus, they have been extensively studied to support gut health and aid in digestion, promoting overall well-being.
While summer brings fun-filled days under its warm rays, prolonged exposure can wreak havoc on your skin. By following these tips and boosting your Collagen levels, you provide your skin with added strength and resilience to combat the damaging effects of the sun. Collagen acts as a protective barrier, minimizing the impact of harmful UV rays and reducing the risk of sun-induced skin issues.
Remember, maintaining healthy and youthful skin is not just about slathering on chemical-based sunscreen. It's about nourishing your skin from within. So, as you embark on your summer adventures, make Collagen a part of your daily routine and let your skin radiate with the vitality it deserves.
Pure TheraPro’s TriActive Collagen+ contains a unique blend of three patented Collagen peptides alongside highly beneficial co-factors, all in clinical dosing. It contains VERISOL®, a patented Collagen peptide specifically formulated and studied to combat aging factors by supporting noticeably firmer and smoother skin with fewer visible fine lines and wrinkles.
Tip #2: Your Ultimate Defense Against Sun Damage
In addition to Collagen, another powerful weapon to protect your skin during summer is Oligonol. Derived from the exotic lychee fruit and the rejuvenating green tea, Oligonol is a remarkable low-molecular-weight polyphenol blend that fights free radicals, those pesky molecules that can damage skin cells and accelerate the aging process.
By incorporating Oligonol into your daily supplement routine, you're giving your skin the support it needs to reduce the appearance of wrinkles, enhance skin elasticity, and unveil a more youthful complexion. Oligonol's exceptional free-radical-fighting and inflammatory-support properties make it a secret weapon against the harmful effects of the sun. It has also been shown to support healthy blood circulation and visceral fat burning, both contributing to a healthier metabolism, body shape, and healthier-looking skin.
Unlike other antioxidant formulas and skin supplements, MicroActive® Oligonol® is a free-radical-fighting complex that uses clinically studied ingredients backed by 30 human clinical trials with multiple healthy-aging-support benefits. It supports a healthy body composition and addresses the three major causes of aging: poor blood circulation, cell oxidation and inflammation.
So, as you embrace the upcoming summer season and embark on your adventures, remember to prioritize your skin's health. Follow these essential summer skin care tips, harness the power of Collagen, and make Oligonol your ultimate defense against sun damage. With a little love and care, your skin will glow with radiance, allowing you to make the most of this beautiful season.
Cheers to an unforgettable summer filled with joy, exploration, and vibrant, youthful skin!
American Academy of Dermatology (AAD) - www.aad.org
Mayo Clinic - www.mayoclinic.org
National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases - www.niams.nih.gov
Dermatology Times - www.dermatologytimes.com
Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology - www.jaad.org
Skin Cancer Foundation - "Sunburn": Source: https://www.skincancer.org/prevention/sunburn/
American Osteopathic College of Dermatology - "Heat Rash": Source: https://www.aocd.org/page/HeatRash
National Eczema Association - "What is Eczema?": Source: https://nationaleczema.org/eczema/
American Academy of Dermatology Association - "Fungal Infections": Source: https://www.aad.org/public/diseases/a-z/fungal-infections/overview
American Academy of Dermatology Association - "Poison Ivy, Oak, and Sumac": Source: https://www.aad.org/public/diseases/a-z/poison-ivy-oak-and-sumac