Have you guessed yet that I have an overabundance of zucchini this year? My husband once joked that I even made Zucchini ice cream. When you have too much zucchini, make bread!
I like to make muffins, especially if you have a small family. (These are large muffins. You can certainly make them smaller.) The nice thing about muffins is that you can plop them into a baggie and freeze for another meal.
1½ cups whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
½ cup honey
¼ cup coconut oil
1 cup grated unpeeled zucchini
½ cup walnuts or pecans (optional)
Heat oven to 350 degrees
1. Grease bottom of an 8X4X2 inch pan or a 6-muffin tin
2. Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl.
3. In another bowl combine the grated zucchini, egg, coconut oil, honey and mix well. The coconut oil and honey may be slightly heated to bring it to a liquid.
4. Add all the ingredients together. Stir just till moistened. Fold in walnuts or pecans.
5. Bake in a 350 degree oven about 45 minutes for loaf pan and about 20 minutes for muffins. Bread is done when a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Remove loaf or muffins and cool on a wire rack. Wrap securely to store.