I can’t wait until my eggplant is ready to be picked and cooked!
My favorite recipes for eggplant are Ratatouille and Eggplant Parmigiana.
Grow little eggplant, grow!
1 small onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons olive or coconut oil
3-4 cups cubed eggplant (buy organic and leave the skin on)
1 small zucchini
1 14-ounce can tomatoes
1 small green pepper, seeded and chopped
1/3 cup fresh basil, chopped
Salt and pepper
Optional: ½ cup shredded Swiss cheese
- Steam the cubed eggplant for about 5 minutes, until soft.
- Sauté the onion and green pepper for about 5 minutes in a large pan, stir in the zucchini and sauté another 5 minutes, add the garlic and chopped basil.
- Add salt and pepper, tomatoes, reduce heat, simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Add the steamed eggplant and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with Swiss cheese and heat until melted.
Click Here for a fun way to involve your kids with making Ratatouille.
CLICK HERE for ordering information for Baby Bites: Transforming a Picky Eater into a Healthy Eater and The Forest Feast: Baby Bites Mealtime Adventures.