It’s a good idea to up the nutritional value of the foods a picky eater will eagerly eat, and Blueberry Oat Bran Muffins is a favorite!
My Blueberry Oat Bran Muffins melt in your mouth. I love this muffin recipe because they are a snap to make and they’re sweetened with applesauce and a little honey, so there’s no sugar.
You don’t have to purchase oat bran. You can make your own with whole oats and a blender: Place 1 1/3 cups rolled oats into a blender. Process the whole oats until it’s the consistency of flour.
1 cup oat bran
1 cup pastry wheat flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
¼ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
1 cup unsweetened applesauce
3/4 cup whole milk¼ cup honey
1 tablespoon melted butter or coconut oil
½ cup blueberries (or raisins)
Heat the oven to 400 degrees.
1. In a mixing bowl, add all the dry ingredients.
2. In another bowl combine the applesauce, milk, honey, eggs, and oil.
3. Make a well in the dry ingredients. Add the wet ingredients. Stir until moistened.
4. Spoon batter into greased muffin tin. Fill each about 1/2 full.
5. Stir until moistened. Then, add the wet ingredients to the dry.
6. Grease muffin pan with coconut oil and spoon batter into cups. Fill each about 2/3 full. Bake in a preheated 400 degree oven for about ten minutes, then remove from oven and cool.
They’re delicious! (This recipe is also found in Baby Bites: Transforming a Picky Eater into a Healthy Eater.)
For a synopsis of the Baby Bites book, Click Here.