Sweet Potato Tots
I first had these wonderfully tasty tater tots at my dear friends, Debbie and Leon’s, home. I couldn’t wait to try them myself. They’re so easy…you don’t even peel the potatoes.
This recipe is enough for a crowd! (I forgot to take a photo before we devoured them. Pictured are the left-overs.)
5 pounds scrubbed sweet potatoes: leave the skins on and cut into 1 inch pieces
½ cup olive oil
¼ cup balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons minced garlic
1 tablespoon rosemary
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
2 tablespoons pine nuts or chopped pecans
Heat oven to 350 degrees
- Whisk together the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, minced garlic, rosemary, salt and pepper to make a marinade.
- Toss the potato pieces in the marinade. Let the potato pieces rest in the marinade for about 40 minutes.
- Spread the potato pieces on baking (cookie) sheets.
- Bake for about 45 or 50 minutes
- Toss the potatoes and sprinkle the nuts on top. Bake for another 15 minutes and serve.