Italian Green Beans & Tomatoes
1½ pounds green beans (if fresh trimmed / may also use frozen)
3 tablespoons olive oil
3 large shallots, thinly sliced or ½ chopped onion
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 (14½ -ounce) can diced tomatoes
1/4 cup white wine or apple cider vinegar
2 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh basil
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook the green beans in a large pan in the olive oil for about 3 minutes.
- Add the shallots (or chopped onions) garlic, stir for a few minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and heat through.
- Add the wine or apple cider vinegar and basil. Simmer a couple of minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a serving bowl and top with grated Parmesan cheese.