Italian Chicken Sticks
You can feel good 😀 when you make these Italian Chicken Sticks, because they’re baked, not fried. These are guaranteed to please, not only your kids, but the gang when they come over to watch the game. Even the most picky eater will love these Italian Chicken Sticks! They’re also good to make ahead and heat up for when you have to eat and run.
1. Preheat your oven to 500 degrees.
2. Put three slices of whole wheat bread in a blender; pulse until you have fine crumbs. Pour the crumbs onto a cookie sheet and place in the oven to toast, while it’s heating up. This will take only a few minutes, don’t over toast the crumbs.
3. Measure into a small bowl ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese, 1½ teaspoons of dried thyme, basil, and oregano; ½ teaspoons of garlic powder, salt and pepper.
4. Cut 3 boneless chicken breasts into ½ inch strips. Remove the bread crumbs from the oven and mix with the cheese and herbs. Dip the chicken strips in olive oil, then dredge in the bread and cheese mixture. Place the chicken strips in a single layer on a baking sheet, for extra crisp chicken pieces, first place a wire rack on the baking sheet.
5. Turn the oven down to 375 degrees and bake for about 20 minutes, until chicken is no longer pink. Serve with marinara sauce for dipping.
It makes my mouth water, just thinking about these yummy chicken sticks.